When you picture the American Southwest, what do you imagine? Tall cacti, with arms outstretched? If you’ve always wanted to explore this stretch of country, Saguaro National Park is the place for you.
Located in Tucson, Arizona, this park is home to the Saguaro cactus – those prickly, green creatures with outstretched arms that are the epitome of the southwest. The views here are unparalleled, the skies are beautiful: there’s plenty of things to do in Saguaro National Park.
To help you plan your visit, I’ve compiled the best things to do in Saguaro, including hikes, views, and where to get stunning photographs!
- Location: Tucson, Arizona
- Entrance Fee: $25 per vehicle, valid for 7 days
Top Things To Do in Saguaro
- Take the scenic route
- See the petroglyphs
- Watch the sunset from the Kings Canyon / Gould Mine Loop
- Explore the East Side of the Park
- Learn about the native species
- Look for javelinas